All work and no play makes Jane a dull girl. That phrase is cringe worthy. Anyone who works a stressful job, has a family or is just plain busy, needs to take a few minutes out of the day to help themselves. Stress is bad for the body and can cause some major complications. We’re all working women, so take a time out and try these 5 easy ways to getting rid of stress.
- Talk a walk outside. Breathe in and breathe out… Simply going outside and getting fresh air will help you clear your head without doing anything major. Leave your phone at home or in your desk along with your worries. Taking a brisk walk will get the blood flowing and you’ll feel better afterwards.
- Give yourself a mini facial when you get home. Refreshing your skin isn’t just great for your outside appearance but it’s great for your state of mind as well. Cut up some cucumbers for your eyes, throw on a facial masque for 10 minutes, lay back and feel the stress lift off your shoulders.
- Drink more water. Under a lot of stress, we tend to go for the coffee or soda. We’ve all heard they actually dehydrate you rather than hydrate and it’s true. Drinking caffeine in the middle of the afternoon will do more harm than good and you’ll feel even more worn out once you crash. Getting rid of stress can be as easy as drinking more water. Get yourself a refillable cup.
- Take a day off. Inconceivable right? That naughty little devil on your shoulder is telling you to call in sick. If you have hours and you’re on the brink of a breakdown, play hookie and do something for you. Whether it’s taking a trip to the spa or just staying at home in your pj’s and relaxing, you may also want to use this time to catch up on sleep. You’ve earned that time off, use it.
- Take a bath. The spa might be out of reach for a lot of us, so turn your bathroom into your own personal spa. Fill the bath with some therapeutic bath soak, light a candle and relax. You’ll be soaking away that stress while moisturizing your skin. Don’t forget to exfoliate your knees, elbows and feet to feel extra refreshed. It’s simple. When your skin feels good, you feel good.