Awards Season is here and Hollywood is abuzz with diets, dresses and detoxes. However, a perfect complexion is just as important as the right hairstyle and jewels. We are all aware that celebrity skin secrets and stars beauty tricks are slightly more complex than a great makeup artist. Below, is a timeline for getting red carpet ready and achieving star-worthy skin… even in HD!
2 Months Before the Red Carpet
- Chemical Peels- A medium-strength chemical peel, such as a TCA peel, can produce pretty dramatic results. These procedures can renew collagen and elastin, reduce the appearance of wrinkles and reduce large pores, soften acne scars, and combat hyperpigmentation, evening the skin tone. However, the actual peeling of the skin can last a couple weeks. Celebrities have these procedures performed at least a month before their big event.
2 Weeks Before the Red Carpet
- Injectable Fillers- Celebrities often turn to fillers such as Restylane, Juvederm, Radiesse and sculptra to treat deep lines and wrinkles. The various options of fillers now available to the public provide patients with several options when it comes to texture and desired results. Depending on the type of filler, the results can last as little as 2-6 months or as long as 1-2 years. It is generally recommended that treatments should be performed about two week before a major event.
5-7 Days Before the Red Carpet
- Botox- Botox treatments are one of the most commonly used and accepted cosmetic dermatology procedures on the market. While the list of celebrities with botox (and denying it) is never ending, many star such as Jennie Garth, Lori Loughlin, Vanessa Williams and Jenny McCarthy have come clean about receiving Botox treatments. Since the FDA approved the procedure in 2002, there has been a continual demand for the product. In fact, when used correctly and in moderation Botox treatments are a great preventative measure. Recovery time is minimal, but it is recommended Botox 5-7 days before an event just in case there is a reaction or bruising.
- Microdermabrasion- Microdermabrasion is great to have done a few days before a red carpet appearance. It makes skin look and feel smoother almost immediately and the results can last for several weeks after the treatment. There are even a few DYI kits that let you perform microdermabrasion treatments at home, I suggest the kit from Personal Microderm.
48 Hours Before the Red Carpet
- Facials- Celebrities are known to indulge in extravagant facial before big events, including Mila Kunis’ recent $7,000 Golden Globes facial utilizing rubies and diamonds. While the scientific evidence is inconclusive when it comes to using exotic stones, facials are renowned for relaxing and rejuvenating client’s right before events. Facials are great because they are specifically designed and targeted to each person’s skin concerns. Facials include extractions, cleansings and appropriate masks, which revives the dull skin and is a great quick pick-me-up.