One of the most attention grabbing features of any person is their eyes. Long eyelashes have become a fascination for many women. The desire to achieve fuller, longer, envy-worthy lashes is a strong one. Heavily accentuated eyes were very popular back in the 60’s, with Twiggy leading the way. She wore a dark thick fringe of false lashes and lots of eyeliner. In many cultures, long, beautiful eyelashes are considered a sign of elegance and femininity. The dilemma is, not everyone is blessed with the gift of long lashes. Especially as we age, our lashes become finer and thinner, making the task of maintaining and achieving beautiful long lashes even more difficult.
Yes there are lash extensions, false lashes, mascara, etc. but what about our overall lash health? A lash can last about 3 months before falling out and can take two months or more to completely grow back.
Here are a few tips on how to achieve and maintain healthy lashes which will result in a fuller, thicker appearance.
- Make sure you are eating a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, and proteins in order to promote lash growth. Seems like a no-brainer, but surprisingly many people don’t think of nutrients when it comes to growing lashes.
- Less is more, when it comes to makeup, give your eyes a break every now and then and skip the mascara. You can use a liner instead to add some definition and give your peepers a little pop.
- Toss old mascara and get a new tube every 3-6 months.
- Don’t tug or pull at your lashes and don’t rub your eyes.
- When curling your lashes, don’t pull on your eyelids
- Apply Vaseline to the eyelashes. Vaseline is an excellent moisturizer and conditioner that can work wonders on brittle, dry lashes. It is both cheap and easily available.
- Invest in a non-irritating lash enhancement product such as Neulash Lash Enhancing Serum. This serum nourishes, protects, moisturizes and strengthens your lashes to reveal a healthier, conditioned and lustrous look.
Now tell us, who are some of your eyelash icons?