In metallurgy, rose gold is a mixture of gold, copper and a little bit of silver. In fashion, it’s the kind of bling that you can wear any way, from dressy to casual. It’s feminine, romantic and sophisticated. It’s more relaxed than diamonds, more refined than silver and more discreet than yellow gold. It transforms the laidback into elegant. Not to mention, it flatters all skin tones. In fact, it’s this versatile quality that makes it a huge hit even in beauty. The blend of warm gold tones with cool pink ones makes rose gold makeup a one-shade-fits-all hue.
Not sure how to rock this shade? Take your cue from Vera Wang’s Spring 2013 show. Makeup artist Lucia Pieroni achieved that beautiful rosy glow by sweeping gold shadow over the lid, brown shadow on the crease and smudging bronze under the eye. Even better—you too can replicate the results using only one product: jane iredale 24 Karat Gold Dust in Rose Gold. This powder, which contains real, food grade 24-Karat gold flakes, is already the perfect rose gold shade, so you don’t have to mix different shades of gold and copper to get the color you want. What’s more, this product can be applied literally anywhere on your body! Here are some ideas:
1. On Eyes: Sweep over your lids alone or with your favorite neutral eyeshadow to glamorize a nude look.
2. On Cheeks: Sweep on top of your bronzer onto the apples of your cheeks and your temples to add warmth to your complexion during fall and winter.
3. On Cheeks: Brush as a standalone blush on the apples of your cheeks to add color and highlight your cheekbones in one go. This shade works well with summer whites and dainty spring florals.
4. On Lips: Sweep over your lip gloss for a subtle color and sparkle.
5. On Your Face: Apply as a highlighter or finishing powder over your foundation on your cheeks, forehead and chin to brighten your skin and lend your face a beautiful glow.
6. On the body: Apply on your neck, décolletage, back and arms for a sexy shimmer.
Photo Credit: Harper’s Bazaar