So as the holidays draw to a close, I’m definitely looking forward to the New Year. I will pass on the New Year’s resolutions but I’m excited because it’s my favorite time of year to really glam it up with the perfect outfit and a fabulous eye makeup application. I definitely love using glitter eye makeup to sparkle and shine. Here are a few tips to create a glamorous eyeshadow application sure to turn heads!
- An eyeshadow primer is a must! You definitely don’t want your eye makeup to fade, crease or smear before the night’s even begun. Too Faced Cosmetics Shadow Insurance is an amazing primer that leaves a soft glowing finish while smoothing out your eyelids for a perfect application.
- Once you’ve applied primer, use a light matte eyeshadow shade as a base over your entire eyelid. This is a great way to help even out your eyelids.
- Use a blending brush to blend and layer a dark or smoky eyeshadow shade over the crease of your eyelid. I’m obsessed with Diego Dalla Palma Deep Dark Eyeshadow. This rich black shade leaves a silky finish that transforms your eyes with an alluring look.
- Turn up the glam factor! A loose shimmer powder works perfectly for that extra oomph of glamour to your eyes. Simply blend shimmer powder over your existing eyeshadow application to achieve desired look.
- And finally, a fun pair of faux strip lashes to finish off your festive look. They come in different lengths perfect to accentuate your eyes with a little flair or big drama. They are easy to apply and with a few coats of mascara they blend in perfectly with your natural lashes.